September 25, 2006

An Interview With Lorelai's Christopher

Ahhh... tomorrow seems like it may never come! It'll be the season premier of Gilmore Girls, my all-time favorite TV show ever!

People recently did an interview with David Sutcliffe who plays Christopher in Gilmore Girls. Here's a peek!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Gilmore Guy: David Sutcliffe

The Gilmore Girls star talks about spending more time on the set – and being hated

MONDAY SEPTEMBER 25, 2006 05:30PM EST

Between all the fast talking and female bonding, Gilmore Girls' David Sutcliffe has managed to survive six seasons on the mother-daughter drama, playing mostly absentee dad Christopher. But after a cliffhanger episode that ended with him waking up with onetime love Lorelei (Lauren Graham) – who was engaged to fan favorite Luke (Scott Patterson) – he'll be putting in more hours when the show premieres Tuesday on The CW (8 p.m. ET/PT). Good thing the 37-year-old Canada native says it's "fun to be going to work every day." PEOPLE.com recently caught up with Sutcliffe on the show's ups and downs – and on being a hated man among some die-hard fans.

So, Christopher is back in Lorelei's life?
I'm in the picture. I think that says it all. I will be around and I will be complicating lives as usual.

How's everyone getting along on the set?
I have a pretty strong bond with both Lauren and Alexis (Bledel, who plays daughter Rory), which happened kind of instantaneously in the first season. At the same time, there is something lost when you're there every day. Before, Christopher would show up and it was a bit of an event, everybody knows that sh–'s gonna go down ... and now I'm sort of here. So it's kind of bittersweet in a way.

How are fans reacting to you these days? Are they handling your re-emergence well?
They are intense. And they have strong feelings about how the show unravels. The one thing that most people seem to agree on is that Lorelei and Christopher have a unique chemistry and that shows. But I am kind of a hated man. Even though there are Christopher supporters, they're in the minority.

You're going in a different direction on the big screen, playing an FBI agent in Hacia la oscuridad.
It's a lot of fun to be able to run around with guns and scream and yell and do the kind of FBI-cop kind of stuff, which is different than what I've been doing, which is kind of playing the boy-girl thing. Its always fun to kiss the pretty girl, but sometimes, amazingly, you can get bored with that too.

How was it working with America Ferrera (Ugly Betty) in it?
She's got it. It's strange to be around a woman who's that young and bright and who's got a kind of glow about her. There's really something going on with her.

How about off the set, what do you do?
I've just become obsessed with ballroom dancing. I signed up for the introductory course, which was like a four-week thing. By the end of it, I was hooked. I love it. It's sort of flirty, but it's not sexual. I can't quit until I've got it down and I can really dance. I'm there four or five times a week.

So do you think you'll use your new skill to impress dates?
I am single, but it's more of a different kind of recreation. It's nice to be in a community of people who are learning and who are very supportive of each other, and we have these little practice parties. It's just regular people; there are no celebrities hanging out. I'm not trying to get on Dancing with the Stars.

No comments: