May 21, 2008

The Little Inn in Connecticut that Started It All


When will I stop ranting about my Gilmore Girls, you wonder? Probably never. It's television's best show ever! I'll be forever in my little sister's debt for telling me about the Gilmore Girls in 2005. Albeit I found out about the show way after its beginning, it didn't take me long to catch-up with everything ... thanks to the wonderful DVD sets usually on sale at Target.

Hearing how Amy Sherman-Palladino (one of the show writers) found inspirations for Gilmore Girls during her stay at the exquisite Mayflower Inn in Washington, Connecticut, we decided to stop by "the inn" during our annual New England fall trip in 2005. Though we didn't have time to stay the night at the Mayflower, I did get out of the car and walked around the gardens and the inn just to take it all in. Even though Washington seems much more quiet and rural than Stars Hollow, the Mayflower Inn is every bit as charming as Lorelai's Independence Inn and Dragonfly Inn.

Hope you get a chance to visit this place soon! Besides being the cool "beginning" of the Gilmore Girls, it's a beautiful exquisite inn in its own right. And plus ... it has a world-famous spa to pamper your every need!

I hope to come back and stay for a few nights next time! Though with that dream, I need to save up! ;)

PS - Before I sign-off on this entry, here's a YouTube video of the Gilmore Girls behind-the-scene special hosted by our very own lovely Suki St. James celebrating the show's 100th episode. Enjoy!

No comments: