June 15, 2006

Michigan Wine Country

Today, my friends and I went on a road trip to visit a few Northern Michigan destinations, one of which is the wine country of Traverse City.

One of my friends is a wine connoisseur and he talked us into spending almost two days touring the vineyards of Traverse City. After driving for hours checking out all the vineyards, we arrived at the Chateau Chantal just in time for their Jazz at Sunset wine tasting event. I barely spent more than a few minutes there when I knew without a doubt that this was hands-down my most favorite vineyards of all. Their wines too were fabulous.

The sparkling cherry wine (my favorite!), the great live music, the gorgeous views over the valley and the lake beyond, the breathtaking sunset, the company ... all in all ... it was one of those very memorable evenings!

No comments: