August 30, 2006

Dreaming of Maine

Everyone has a "happy place" right? This is mine. :O)

Have you ever been to Maine? If yes then you must know how I feel. It's the only place I long to go back to ... again and again.

The first time I ever *saw* Maine (in the early 90s), it was love at first sight! And it's definitely one of those rare cases of love. You know ... the ones that last a lifetime? :O)

So ... every year when possible, I try to come back to Maine. Not only is it my *happy place*, it's also my *zen place*. They don't call Maine "the vacation state" and that Maine is "the way life should be" for no reason!

If you ever find yourself in that corner of the world, here's a few of the charming seaside Maine towns you must visit (in no particular order):

  1. Wells

  2. Ogunquit (my favorite!)

  3. Kennebunkport

  4. Bar Harbor (you can go hiking in the Acadia National Park)

  5. Rockland (where the Maine Lobster Festival is held each August)

  6. York

  7. Portland (for a small seaside town, Portland is quite urban & trendy and is oh so charming!)

  8. Freeport (not by the sea, but with the LLBean Flagship Store & some of the best outlets in the country there, it's definitely a must place to visit too!)
I'm sure there are more to be added to this list so if you have some to share, I'd love to hear all about them!

And now ... on with the dreaming ... of Maine. :O) My *happy place*!

No comments: